Monday, April 21, 2008

Civic Duty

Last night I dreamt that I was traveling to work via a tour boat not unlike the one I boarded to tour the Thames.

If only this is how I got to work each day!

When I reached port I took a short cut path through some brush, the road less traveled.


My choice did make all the difference because just off the path I saw an unidentified but out of place piece of junk:


I suppose since it was Arbor Day, I picked up this piece of junk and took it to work.

At work a mish mosh of past and present co-workers from my real life all let me know that the government was looking for that piece of junk. Turns out it was a vital missile prototype that could cause great danger.

Leave it to the government to develop a missile that rouses giant gorillas!

It also turned out that the government was offering a $5,000 reward for the thing! All right!


Now comes the anxiety point in the dream: All I wanted to do was get down to the government and turn in the missile junk to get my cash money, but I had too much work to do. All my co-workers kept bugging me and piling things up on my desk, things like:

Stacks of paper

Dirty dishes
Gifts that needed wrapping

And piles of babies
Just another day at the office getting in the way of my government pay out!

No comments: